Avondale Explore Avondale's Real Estate, Amenities, Education, and More!
Welcome to Avondale, Arizona
Avondale’s not only home to the famous Phoenix International Raceway and the Randall McDaniel Sports Complex, but also an exciting designated Arts District.While Avondale’s NASCAR races, sports complex, Arts District, and organized nature activities define it as a wonderful residential community in which to live, it’s recognized throughout the country as an innovative city and officially recognized as One of the Top Digital Cities in all of America!
The Lifestyle: Active & Engaged
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park: From catch-and-release fishing in Gila Park to hiking and biking the miles of trails, active nature lovers in Avondale have plenty of natural settings to explore alone or with family and friends. Throughout Avondale’s 200 acres of parks and facilities, you’ll delight in attending the many community-organized events, tournaments, and seasonal celebrations.
- Coldwater Golf Club: Voted the Best Course to Play on a Budget, Avondale’s beautiful Coldwater Golf Club has elevated tees, two lakes, cascading fairways, rolling terrain, and challenging holes for golfers of all levels. And, as with every golf course in Arizona, Coldwater offers spectacular mountain views and lots of native grasses.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Avondale has 10 different park locations that can be enjoyed on a whim or designated for your group or organization. Whether you want to reserve an athletic field for a one-time use or for a season, the community’s parks simply request you obtain a permit from the Parks & Recreation office.
- Gateway Pavilions 18: Movie-going will never be the same once you’ve experienced Avondale’s Harkins Gateway Pavilions 18 Theatres. Residents love this theatre because it offers so much more than a movie and a box of popcorn. From the latest box-office hits to international film festivals and opera and ballet cinema series, this theatre uniquely runs movies and special arts and cultural screenings. In addition, you can host a business party, birthday celebration, or school fundraiser at the theatre, and they offer loyalty programs for returning customers. Established in 1933, this family-owned and operated business has received numerous awards and has 30 locations in 5 states. The residents of Avondale are thrilled to have one right in their community.
Avondale, AZ’s Real Estate Market
Whether you are looking for a house with ample room for your spouse and children, or if you’re just starting a family, Avondale has beautiful homes, meticulously-landscaped apartment complexes, condos, and townhouses from which to choose. A quick highlight of Avondale’s neighborhoods is listed below for your reference:
- Cambridge Estates
- Rio Crossing
- Sage Creek
- Tres Rio Landing
- Waterford Square
You’ll Enjoy: Cars, Art, & Community Events
- Phoenix International Raceway: Often referred to as the absolute best facility to host NASCAR and one of the all-round finest racetracks in the whole country, this premier facility has the fastest one-mile oval in the world for championship motor sports events. Capacity crowds of nearly 80,000 fill the stands for all the events.
- Historic Avondale’s Arts District: Not every community has its own Arts District, but Avondale does. As you explore the District’s ½ mile long historic street called Western Avenue, you’ll find lots of studios and galleries featuring the works of gifted photographers, painters, artists, and sculptors. Along the way you’ll also discover unique places to shop, eat, and simply sit back and people watch.
- Avondale’s Celebrations: From the Annual Resident Appreciation Night to the annual A Tale of Two Cities Parade and Festival, Avondale orchestrates lots of unique, informative, and special events for its community. There’s the Memorial Day Ceremony, the Veterans Day celebration, a Writers Conference, and the Tres Rios Nature & Earth Festival. The calendar also includes their Day of the Dead Festival at the Goodyear Farms Cemetery, an IMS Marathon, and, of course – the South West Valley Mayors Golf Classic.
Distinguished Schools in Avondale
- Corte Sierra Elementary School | Grades PK-6 | 3300 North Santé Fe Trail
- Imagine Avondale Middle | Grades 6-8 | 950 North Eliseo C. Felix Jr.
- Agua Fria High School | Grade 9-12 | 530 East Riley Drive
There are three colleges close by: Estrella Mountain Community College where many programs for logistics in distribution and healthcare are available, Maricopa Beauty College, and Universal Technical Institute which offers vehicle repair programs.
Perfect For: Active Families
In addition to designated areas in the community to enjoy arts, culture, sports, and athletics, Avondale also offers acres of pristine parks and miles of scenic settings for hiking, biking, bird watching, canoeing, fishing, swimming, horseback riding, geo-caching, camping, and climbing. The Recreation Division even has organized programs, courses, and workshops to encourage outdoor play and to teach its residents the fundamentals of these outdoor activities, including how to explore and enjoy the desert safely.
Avondale, AZ: Utilities
- City of Avondale | Water
- City of Avondale | Sewer
- City of Avondale | Trash
- City of Avondale | Irrigation
- Qwest or COX | Phone & Cable TV
The Workforce: Government & Athletics
Avondale has a unique extended-day, 4-day work week program; for those who don’t work for the city and aren’t able to embrace this “Green Friday” concept, there’s other established employers in Avondale who have enhanced the growth of the Avondale community. LP Steel Industries has been in business since 1993, and Fastenal is a 47-year old business that is the largest fastener distributor in North America. In addition, many Avondale residents work at golf courses, the Phoenix International Raceway, and Goodyear Ballpark.
Why Live Here: Worldwide Events with Small-Town Charm
Every community in sunny Arizona offers something uniquely distinct from its neighboring towns, and Avondale is no exception. From its international raceway, cultural Arts District, and “Green Friday” City concept to an endless list of ways to explore and enjoy its natural setting, Avondale is a safe, vibrant, community-centric town.
- Durango Park 8
- Sage Creek 6
- C W Ranch 6
- Cambridge Estates 5
- Donatela 2 Amd 5
- Corte Sierra Unit 1 5
- Rancho Santa Fe Parcels 12,13,14 & 15 5
- San Villagio 5
- Del Rio Ranch Unit 4 4
- Glenhurst 4
- Rancho Santa Fe 4
- Fulton Estates 4
- Coldwater Ridge 4
- Garden Trails 4
- Sanctuary at Avondale Parcels 1 & 3 4
- Los Arbolitos Ranch Amd 4
- Tierra At Rancho Santa Fe 3
- Rancho Santa Fe Parcel 19 3
- Garden Lakes Parcel 26 & 31 3
- Del Monte Homes 3