Tempe, AZ Homes for Sale Explore Homes for Sale in Tempe, AZ!
Tempe is a town with a storied past and a bright future. Part of the Phoenix metropolitan area located in Maricopa County, it is one of the premier destinations of families, college students, and young professionals. The largest campus of Arizona State University is located in Tempe, giving it a vibrant “college town” element.
Why Choose Tempe, AZ?
Tempe is surrounded by a scenic landscape and residents enjoy year-round warm weather. Several major corporations are headquartered in Tempe, contributing to a robust local economy. Tempe has gone from being a mere suburb of Phoenix to a significant economic, cultural, and educational center.
Real Estate in Tempe, AZ
Many homes in Tempe are inspired by traditional Southwestern architecture. Stucco walls, Spanish roofs, and palm trees in the yard are common in the suburbs. These homes typically offer large living areas, spacious kitchens, and plenty of bedrooms. Walk-in closets, walled patios, and cathedral ceilings are not uncommon. Tempe is consistently rated as a very “walkable” city, meaning that your new home is likely to be conveniently located within walking distance of numerous destinations. There are homes in Tempe to fit every budget and family size.
Distinguished Schools in Tempe, AZ
The schools districts encompassing Tempe such as Kyrene are some of the highest performing in the state with excellent educational opportunities in preschool, elementary, middle and high school education.
- C.I. Waggoner School (PreK-5)
- Kyrene de la Mariposa School (PreK-5)
- Kyrene del Norte School (PreK-5)
- Ward Traditional Academy (K-8)
- Center for Educational Excellence (K-8)
- Broadmor Elementary School (K-5)
- Kyrene Middle School College Preparatory Academy (6-8)
- Connolly Middle School (6-8)
- Corona Del Sol High School (9-12)
- McClintock High School (9-12)
Employment, Shopping, and Recreation
The headquarters of US Airways is the largest employer in the city of Tempe. Other major employers include Arizona State University, Honeywell, Chase, Wells Fargo, Safeway, Edward Jones, and State Farm.
With over 175 restaurants, nightspots, and stores, there is never a shortage of things to do in Tempe. Several local restaurants serve authentic Southwestern cuisine while others offer international fare from all over the world. The Mill Avenue District in downtown Tempe is the center of the town’s bustling nightlife. Arizona Mills and Tempe Marketplace are the biggest shopping centers in town.
There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy in the Tempe area as well. The Tempe Town Lake is located adjacent to town and is a great place to go fishing or boating. The nearby Tempe Beach Splash Playground offers aquatic recreation for children. The Rolling Hills and Ken McDonald golf courses provide a round of golf with picturesque Southwestern scenery.
On New Year’s Eve, Tempe hosts the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Block Party, one of the nation’s largest New Year’s Eve parties. The event always has a national headline band, a concert, along with several other local bands.
Why Move to Tempe, AZ
Tempe is a truly unique blend of modern metropolis and old Southwestern America. It offers great recreation both indoors and out. The local schools are highly rated and it is easy to find high-paying work with prominent corporations. Tempe is a great place to make your new home whether you’re a young professional, retiree, or anything in between.
- Tempe Micro Estates 11
- Villagio At Tempe Condominium Amd 7
- North Shore Condominium 1 6
- Mistwood Condominiums Unit 101-204 4
- Farmers Blks 4-5 & Pt 3, Lots 6-9 4
- Edgewater Hayden Ferry Lakeside Condo Amd 4
- Park Premiere South Two Townhouses 4
- Alisanos 2nd & 3rd AMD 3
- The Lakes 3
- Hudson Trace 3
- Villagio at Tempe Condominium 3
- Hudson Park 3
- University Park Addition 3
- Hardy Townhomes 3
- Alameda Estates Lot 1-68 3
- Tempe Gardens Townhouse Condo Lot 1-80 Tract F, G 2
- Tempe Royal Palms 15 Lot 13 Through 168 & Tract A 2
- Regatta Pointe Condominums 2
- Rancho El Dorado 26-35, 45-53 2
- Bridgeview At Hayden Ferry Lakeside Condominium Am 2